Exploration - never take it too seriously. Never under estimate it's importance
Fantasy ATC
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I enjoy reading old school Science Fiction. the new stuff does not appeal to me in the least, it simply doesn't have the charm of the older efforts. I was listening to Fahrenheit 451 while making this one btw.
I knew this quote needed to go into my journal pronto! I did end up making a card for hubby using it for the sentiment. You can see that one HERE And this is what I did in the journal : I kept it very simple as I wanted the quote to be the strong focal point. I used a loose letter alphabet that I picked up from Michaels for $1.50 long ago. When I first started the journal, I added some colour to each and every page. Some more, some a little. Some painted some with oil pastels. The idea was to make a start to facilitate quick page making in the future. And I tell you it works. It was tedious to start with, but I'm so glad now that I did it that way. The composition book pages are pretty sturdy, but they do 'shine' or show through on the other side when you use bold colour of felt tip markers. Something to watch out for. The strip fabric and fabric heart I added long ago when I had these pretty remnants, but they were perfect for this quote. The stamps are '...
Sadly I've not had time to keep up with the Caravan....but I see it as a delicious box of chocolates that I will one day-soon- pick up and saviour putting the pages together! Oh yum! I'm looking forward to that!! Meantime I've added some ATC's to my collection. These are all double sided, whether they are journal prompts or not. She Lemon Tree and Atlantis Lost? I'm so thrilled every time I hold the printed versions in my hands! Something about the size I think....
Not really 'junk' so I decided they are 'junque'... It all started because I had old calendars I did not want to throw away. I also had a box full of all sorts of bits and pieces...that I also did not want to throw away. There was only one solution - make journals! In the end I made 2 completed books, but I still have quite a bit of stuff left, and the current calendar is the perfect candidate for becoming another journal at year's end. For my Travel themed journal, my starting point was the calendar that had a travel theme. I covered the covers with some designer paper by Ranger ( bought at Michaels) I will certainly still add ephemera to the cover. I covered the spine with paper canvas that I found on Amazon. It was pricey but works really well. The covers themselves are just sturdy, but not too thick and heavy, cardboard. There are 3 signatures and I added them with pamphlet stitch to the spine of the cover. All those black threads are from t...
Comments
Post a Comment