Keep Me In Your Heart

I knew this quote needed to go into my journal pronto! I did end up making a card for hubby using it for the sentiment. You can see that one HERE

And this is what I did in the journal :


I kept it very simple as I wanted the quote to be the strong focal point. I used a loose letter alphabet that I picked up from Michaels for $1.50 long ago. 
When I first started the journal, I added some colour to each and every page. Some more, some a little. Some painted some with oil pastels. The idea was to make a start to facilitate quick page making in the future. And I tell you it works. It was tedious to start with, but I'm so glad now that I did it that way. The composition book pages are pretty sturdy, but they do 'shine' or show through on the other side when you use bold colour of felt tip markers. Something to watch out for.
The strip fabric and fabric heart I added long ago when I had these pretty remnants, but they were perfect for this quote. The stamps are 'Stitches' by Bo Bunny. A light spray of alcohol inks completed the page in record time.

So simple but it says exactly what I want it to say!

Comments

  1. after many months I am starting to look again at my own blog (because I haven't posted since my husband's death and my own illness but I just had to let you know that I read your entry and LOVED IT. I need to use the quote too, eventually. It is truly heartwarming and I love how you explained your way of handling journals. It inspired me enough to start - even if only a little bit.
    Thank you.
    Sabina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss Sabina and your ongoing health challenge. I found prepping the journal so useful. Some days I just feel like playing with paint or stamps and will open it up and randomly add colour or images to pages. Again then to add a final picture/quote/words makes for a quick wrap up of a page. Perfect for working on journalling when it is hard to get a large block of time or for those times when you want to do something, but don't have a concrete idea! Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, what a great way to start my morning. I saw your message and then looked again at your blog and loved your comment. Right now I am in the throws of moving to Toronto (huge move, but close to my daughter!) and your ideas about playing with pages in small steps is just what I need right now. It's like releasing my 'artsy' spirit and longings and satisfying them till I have more time. Hugs, Meisie. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely journal but even lovelier quote. I've not gotten in to scrap booking but I do love paper and have collected some and save little bits that I think I will use someday....we'll see. I have to get moved first before I can really let my crafting and creating take over. Wonderful project and love all the color!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Circus ATC

Icad 2016 - Batch 02