In A Funk

A few weeks ago I found myself feeling really bleh. For no particular reason, just bleh....so I decided to play in my journal until I feel better.
It worked. For a start that happy piece of scrap fabric makes me smile. I just cut the letters free hand, no planning. It was a meh page anyway. Dark colours and drab colours to go with the theme. Some dirty yellows and after scribbling, cutting, gluing and making a mess of my hands (I used oil pastels over an acrylic base) I felt so much better. And it was simple and quick. No art involved, just getting fingers dirty. Maybe that is all I needed.
Now the page makes me smile as I recall the evening. Win win. Gotta love that!



Comments

  1. ohhhh what a great idea using fabric to create a title or any journaling. I might use the idea on my travel journal 'Ticket to Venice'....a fantastic class I joined by Mary Ann Moss. You need to check it out....which is what got me into trouble creating a decent journal. Love your stunning blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Icad 2016 - Batch 02

Circus ATC