ICAD June 2015 - Week 04

The month is speeding by.  I find I have less time than expected, so I'll see about doing July or not. I'd like to though...

Prompts appealing to me this week, relates to fabric and wall papers etc. The full lists of prompts can be found HERE

I plan to use some of the stamps my sister gave me a few years ago. These stamps are inspired by textiles and quilts in the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. I have used them so much on so many different projects! For fabric I looked for small cut offs that I have around and pieces that were not yet secured into my art journal!

Day 22 - Started of uncertain, but I ended up with something I like well enough. Here the white embossed flower is from the stamp set.
Coloured with alcohol inks and white embossing powder for the florals.





Day 23 - I got pretty close to giving this one up for a lost cause...until those tiny white flowers saved the day. Still not crazy about it, but it will have to do. The large blue flower and the 'berry vines' are from the stamp sets.
Coloured with alcohol inks, white embossing powder on the tiny blooms.





Day 24 - This delicious piece of fabric was loose in my art journal. It quickly found it's way onto this card. The flowers are from a border stamp in the collection.
Coloured with alcohol inks.





Day 25 - I worked in soft colours. Not very common for me, but I liked the way it looked and decided to stop before ruining it (possibly) The threads are from fabric on previous days' cards. The floral background stamp is from the collection. I heat embossed it and the scissors with white powder and added a little 'Sketch and Wash' shading to help it pop. I continue adding some stitching/thread to the cards too I noticed...
The colour here is all water colours.



Day 26 - 

Another piece of fabric that was still loose in the art journal and has now found a home in the icad box. Another stamp from the collection, some alcohol inks, a touch of water colour and it's all done. Just some zig-zag stitches along the edge to finish it off. I like how this one turned out!






Day 27- Another piece of the fabric I used earlier in the week. It reminded me of my grandma and I made the rest of the card in the same vein. That larger background stamp is a winner and I like that the 2 bg stamps (one per set) are designed for a a no-seam repeat. The card was quick to do and I'm very happy with it. The white dots are made with a white Sharpie pen. The black alcohol spray ink is decidedly purple grey (reminds me of Payne's Grey), I might have to add more black to it!





Day 28 -  Final card for the fabric theme in this icad. The last stamp of the collection. I've now used them all. I also added that tiny button stamp because I needed a small filler. The large flowers were stamped with Momento dye inks and the rest of the colour is from water soluble metallic pencils. The metallic doesn't show much once water is added, but the colours are very pretty. I also added the frayed pieces from yesterday and a few snippets of the crochet thread/cotton I used for the stitching throughout the week. Some scribbling on the stamped images completed this card.





I enjoyed this week of icads, which made me think that maybe I will continue into July after all. Let's see how it goes, shall we?

ps I featured the box containing the cards up to this point in a 'Scavenger Hunt' sketch. See it here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circus ATC

Icad 2016 - Batch 02