ICAD July 2015 Week 08

Well just look at that. All those cards! My little index card box is getting full...and to think just the other day those first few cards were getting lost in it's vast interior.

Week 08 -  The index list can be found HERE For this week, the theme was maps and cartography, geography etc. I need no excuse to grab a map, so I found some...and that led to travelling and that led to vacation...

I put all the cards out on the table, numbered them on the back and then started sticking the maps randomly on cards, tearing paper, and just working quickly. Next I sprayed and coloured, working on all the cards simultaneously. Took out stamps that seem to suit and stamped away, did some embossing and inking on the edges etc. It was a different way of doing it, but it worked out really well and the cards came together rather quickly.

Day 50


Day 51



Day 52



Day 53



Day 54 - I like the effect here on the embossed swirl. I rubbed charcoal over it, in the hope of making a shadow effect on the bg paper. that being glossy would have none of it though, but look how interesting the swirl turned out! So of course I had to do that on the cards for Day 50 and 53 too.




Day 55



Day 56



And here we are with 5 cards to go for next week. How time just flies by...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circus ATC

Icad 2016 - Batch 02